Online Exhibits@Yale

Browse Exhibits (1 total)

Founders and Early Benefactors of the Medical Historical Library

cushing_kelbs.jpg
The Historical Library, which houses one of the country’s finest historical medical collections, was part of the original design of the Yale Medical Library (now the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library), built in 1940 and dedicated in 1941. It was the vision of Harvey Cushing, who joined with his two friends and fellow bibliophiles, Arnold C. Klebs and John F. Fulton, in what they called -- with many inventive synonyms -- their “Trinitarian plan,” to donate their superb book collections to Yale if Yale would build a place to house them. This online exhibit is derived from a 2004 exhibit made... Read more